[unisog] Brilliant/Kazaa

Harris, Michael C. HarrisMC at health.missouri.edu
Wed Apr 3 16:19:27 GMT 2002

Since when do our individual users have the contractual ability to sign away the rights to University property?

If you take the view that our shared computing ability and our bandwidth is a valued resource and is university property, it can not be signed away as easily as a user clicking on an "I agree box" in a piece of software.  This never stops the user community but does give us some ground to stand on when blocking this traffic, or forcing removal of this kind of software.

I'd be interested in University Policy or legal review, rather than my myopic view from the trenches

Mike

Michael C Harris
System Security Analyst - Expert
ITS / Research Education and Support
University of Missouri Health Care
Phone: 573-882-3392

harrismc at health.missouri.edu
This e-mail is sent with 99.73% recyclable electrons