[unisog] Re: Coordinated Scan

Jenett Tillotson jtillots at pharmacy.purdue.edu
Thu Apr 4 14:04:10 GMT 2002

Let me also add that I think this was the result of poor user habits.  3
of the boxes that were broken into had a blank administrator password.
Also, there were logs of other attempts on campus where one box had 160
attempts to log into an account with administrator privileges.

What puzzles me is that none of the accounts involved were actually the
administrator account, but another account with administrator privilege.
Excuse my ignorance with Microsoft products, but how does a hacker find
out the usernames on a Windows box?

Jenett Tillotson
School of Pharmacy
Purdue University