Students laptops on universities network

Lino Cerantola Lino.Cerantola at rec.ulaval.ca
Fri Apr 19 14:56:10 GMT 2002

Hi!

We have more and more students who are using their laptop on our
network.  This situation increase the risks of computer security problems
because we can't control what is installed and used on these machines.

I would like to know if your organization has established some specific
regulations on what is (or what is not) permitted on your network   ((e.g.
what types of services (web, ftp, etc.) your students can activate on their
laptops when they access your network resources)).    Also what technical
devices are you using to avoid some type of problems.

Regards!

L. Cerantola
IT Security Officer
Laval University