[unisog] Brilliant/Kazaa

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 3 23:49:33 GMT 2002

> > > [...] can we talk about how to block this mess?
>
> >         Sure. Here are a few suggesions:
> >
> > 1) block port 1214 in your border router.
>
> This whole thread sure makes me glad I did 1) last fall.

	Someone via private email pointed out that at least in the US you
may need to consider whether 1) is "editing content" in light of the AOL
decision some years ago. While I'd argue on the issue of network traffic
volume management and enforcemenet of our AUP (because I'm normally on 2)
rather than 1) although in this case I have both) not content, its a good point
to consider (although probably less so for you and I given there is no such
precident here in Canada that I'm aware of)...