SNMP scan

Patrick Aland paland at stetson.edu
Thu Apr 4 12:47:02 GMT 2002

Anyone else get hit with a huge snmp scan last night?

During the past 4 hours our class B has been scanned about 5 times by
what appears to be an automated tool, running sequentially from high
address to low address (147.253.255.*->147.253.0.*) all coming from src
port 4999. I'm gonna grab packet capture shortly when the scan gets to a
dmz machine, but wanted to know if anyone else has been getting scanned.

 Patrick Aland                          paland at stetson.edu
 Network Administrator                  Voice: 386.822.7217
 Stetson University                     Fax: 386.822.7367