MSN Messenger (was: Personal Firewalls)

Paul Russell prussell at nd.edu
Fri Apr 12 22:47:44 GMT 2002

The NTBUGTRAQ list had some recent postings on this topic, with links to two
articles in The Register. One article tells how to make MSN Messenger appear
on the Add/Remove Programs control panel, so you can uninstall it cleanly.
The other tells how to disable MSN Messenger without removing it. Neither
option is bullet-proof, because it is only a matter of time before MS
releases a patch that re-installs or re-enables Messenger.

--
Paul Russell
Senior System Administrator