[unisog] retention of video tapes for surveillance

Christian Wilson Christian.Wilson at its.monash.edu.au
Mon Apr 22 12:27:33 GMT 2002

Hello,

We have quite a lot of infrastructure in our computer rooms, and our system
which tapes via video what goes on in the computer rooms is in need of
replacement. I was wondering what other people use in terms of a timeframe
for the recycling of these tapes - 1 week? 1 month? (we do this currently),
etc.

Of course now the media is a hard drive attached to a video multiplexer as
opposed to physical video tapes :) But the issue of how long to keep these
sorts of tapes to protect this important infrastructure is still there.

Christian.
--
Christian Wilson
IT Security Manager, Infrastructure Services