[unisog] Blocking Windows Networking at the Border?

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Wed Apr 24 15:13:18 GMT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 09:51:07AM +1200, Russell Fulton wrote:

> Does anyone think this will cause major problems?
>
> Hmmm... and will it break KaZaA and friends ;-) i.e. does retrieving
> files require inbound connection?

An inbound connection is required on one of the two machines.

IMO, one of the things that is going to reduce music sharing
is the growth of personal home firewall/router boxes.  My son
tells me that he is having more and more problems downloading
things (we're behind a Linux-486 firewall), because he can's
get things from the zillions of 192.168.0.0 networks out there.

--
Pete Hickey               |                         |       VEIWIT
Communication Services    | Pete at mudhead.uottawa.CA |   Makers of transparent