[unisog] Verisign trying to slam EDU domain holders?

Hall, Rand rand at merrimack.edu
Wed Jan 2 16:57:20 GMT 2002

> Us, too.  50, huh??

Ditto.

> We'll see.  I tried to remove a secondary nameserver on the
> 20th of December.

I'll see you and raise you one. We tried changing our primary's address on
the 20th as part of a firewall+ISP migration. Migration was slated to start
at 4:30. At 4:10 we got the "Important information regarding your .edu
domain" email from Educause. Educause's web interface is much nicer than
NSI's. Too bad it's not functional (or at least wasn't on the 20th). I
changed our primary's address at 5:08 and the rest of the net was oblivious
to the change eight hours later when we backed out of the migration.

Oh, and I appreciated the advanced warning that this was happening...

This may now be free--but at what cost?

Cheers,
Rand
--
Rand P. Hall, Director, Network Services
Merrimack College, North Andover, MA, USA      rand at merrimack.edu