[unisog] Verisign trying to slam EDU domain holders?

William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) wcolburn at nmt.edu
Wed Jan 2 17:08:47 GMT 2002

The root servers are updated weekly last I checked.  After the root
servers get the new zone files it is still $TTL seconds until the entire
internet should know about your domain.  DNS is robust because it is
cached everywhere, which also means that you can't expect changes to
propogate quickly.

--
William Colburn, "Sysprog" <wcolburn at nmt.edu>
Computer Center, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology