Cisco VPN concentrators and AD

Russell Fulton R.FULTON at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 17 22:10:56 GMT 2002

Is anyone useing Cisco VPN 3000 concentrators and authenticating
directly against MS Active Directory.  The general CISCO blurb says it
is possible and the sales people assure us it is possible but we can't
find anything in the docs or the configuration.

There is an option for NT Domain but we would prefer to use our campus
wide AD service.

On a more general note any experiences with the Cisco VPN gear -- what
client software are people using on various systems.

Windows Native IP Sec
linux  freeswan
Mac    ???