[unisog] fw: insecure wireless LAN deployment at .edu

Daniel Poulsen bpoulsen at csd.uwm.edu
Fri Jan 25 20:59:42 GMT 2002

What about physical security in a WLAN environment?   Being an urban
University, we have some concerns that some of our Access Points might just
"walk off".   We are considering plastic enclosures, but are unsure about the
effects on RF.   Thats not to say that a plastic enclosure could foil a
determined thief, but at least it would be proof of forced entry.

I'd be interested in hearing some of the precautions other .edu's are taking
to physically secure their wireless devices.

Dan Poulsen
UW-Milwaukee