Anyone notice an increase in scans lately

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Tue Jan 15 18:24:46 GMT 2002

I've been seeing an increase in scanning in the past 4-5 days.
Mostly scanning our net for port 21, but others as well.
We've always had scans, but I would guess that their frequency has
increased threefold in the past few days.  No patterns, coming
from different countries, sometimes from cable/dsl lines, other
through a hacked machine... the usual, just with an increase in
frequency.

Anyone else notice an increase?

--
Pete Hickey               |                         |       VEIWIT
Communication Services    | Pete at mudhead.uottawa.CA |   Makers of transparent