[unisog] Sophos in a Novell environment

Christian Wilson Christian.Wilson at its.monash.edu.au
Mon Jan 21 03:26:11 GMT 2002

Hi,

At the moment we're having trouble with deploying our brand new install of
Sophos out to desktops. The desktops are Windows based, but we don't use
any Windows networking here. For file and print sharing we use Novell (4.11).

Apparently a lot of the Sophos product needs Windows networking e.g.
for autoupdating, etc.

Have people here deployed Sophos in a similar environment to ours? Any
tricks to share? If you mail me seperately from the group I'll summarise.

We have until March to deploy this stuff before our other anti-virus licence
runs out!!

Thanks
Christian.
--
Christian Wilson
IT Security Manager, Infrastructure Services