[unisog] MyParty

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Jan 28 21:59:11 GMT 2002

There was a variant reported, but it appeared to be the initial infector
and was dormant when discovered.  The behavior you're reporting appears to
be new.  Can you send a sample to your vendor for analysis?

--On Monday, January 28, 2002 3:27 PM -0500 Anderson Johnston
<andy at umbc.edu> wrote:

> We are getting slammed with the My Party worm.  As near as we can tell,
> it's showing up in two flavors.  There is a relatively obvious one that
> has the subject "new photos from my party!" and is written up at:
>
> 	http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99332.htm
>
> This afternoon we started seeing a much nastier version which appears to
> be taking message excerpts from existing mail folders (subject and all),
> infecting them, and then sending them out to addresses in the infected
> system's address book.
>
> Does anybody have more information on this?AVIEN Founding Member

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Supervisor of Support Services
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member