[unisog] MyParty

William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) wcolburn at nmt.edu
Tue Jan 29 19:42:38 GMT 2002

UUencoded inline transmissions are still (as far as I know) a valid
format.  They are also likely to remain valid virtually forever.

The author (PL Daniels) of ripmime (http://www.pldaniels.com/ripmime/)
added code to pull out such attachments for me.  I use his package in my
antivirus milter.

The real problem here is that some software is "generous in what it
accepts", and other software isn't.  The virus makes it past attachment
strippers because it isn't an attachment, but the end-user software is
"helpful" and finds the file for the user.

--
William Colburn, "Sysprog" <wcolburn at nmt.edu>
Computer Center, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology