SPAM Filtering policy?

Lois Bennett lois at deas.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 31 19:02:45 GMT 2002

Hi All,

I have been asked to draft a SPAM filtering policy. Could you tell me
what you do along those lines and what type of policy is in place
especially in an academic environment?  We are experimenting with
using spamassassin to mark spam but we are currently delivering
everything except virus laden mail.  Virus infected mail is
quarantined and the sender notified.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you all,
Lois

Lois B. Bennett
Senior System Administrator              Treasurer, USENIX Association
Div. of Engineering & Applied Sciences                  (617) 496-5357
Harvard University                                  FAX:(617) 588-0238
33 Oxford Street - MD G109                       lois at deas.harvard.edu
Cambridge, MA 02138                                    lois at usenix.org