[unisog] CacheFlow open proxies (was: I need help.)

Steve VanDevender stevev at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 19 23:31:33 GMT 2002

Steve VanDevender writes:
 > There is another fairly nice-looking DNS blacklist at
 > http://blitzed.org/opm/ which they maintain primarily to prevent IRC
 > abuse via open proxies, and which could be used for spam blocking
 > although my experiments didn't seem to indicate that it made much
 > difference for that purpose.

It had been a while since I last experimented with using the
opm.blitzed.org blacklist on a personal system where it really didn't
seem to do much, so I did a little spot-checking with recently-reported
proxy spam to users on our production systems and discovered I probably
could have blocked a fair amount using their DNSBL.  So I enabled it in
my mail systems here and it seems to be making a worthwhile dent in the
proxy spam so far.