[unisog] loose IDS collaboration for .EDU's

Pascal Meunier pmeunier at cerias.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 25 22:14:51 GMT 2002

If you wish, you are welcome to use our web-accessible database to
share signatures.  We just finished a new section just for that
purpose.

https://cirdb.cerias.purdue.edu/coopvdb/public/

It is hierarchical in the sense that an exploit has signatures
(describing what aspect of the exploit you are trying to detect) and
each signature has IDS rules attached for various IDSes (the encoding
of how to detect the signature, in the language of each IDS).  You
may also upload captured packets that provide support for a signature
(any sanitization must be done on your end, however).

Regardless of whether you use it, I am interested in the subject.  I
don't currently run one in production, but I am planning to install
one "soon" (with all the necessary permissions, of course).

Cheers,
Pascal Meunier
CERIAS,
Purdue University