[unisog] Successful prosecution of system breakers

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Sat Jun 8 00:23:48 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 08:25:54AM -0400, Stan Horwitz wrote:

>  I doubt that many
> universities have the staff and resources to do any kind of forensics on
> hacked systems.

We did.  For our own particular reasons, we wanted to press charges
against a particular individual.

   IT IS A LOT OF WORK AND IS VERY TIME CONSUMING!!!!!

Simply looking at a net trace, and saying "Its obvious" doesn't
work in court.

--
Pete Hickey               |                         |       VEIWIT
Communication Services    | Pete at mudhead.uottawa.CA |   Makers of transparent