Ftp access to Web servers

Bob Ellsworth bellswor at wlu.ca
Tue Jun 11 01:00:54 GMT 2002

Hi : I'd like to ask this list how their institutions handle "ftp"
access to their web servers.

Up until now we have maintained very restrictive access to our web
server: we allow access from internal networks
only. Unfortunately, pressure is building to allow access from various
Internet Services Providers so that our staff
and faculty can update web pages from home.

I'm sure that we are not the only university facing this pressure. My
colleagues and would appreciate any advice
or suggestions that members of this list might provide.

Thanks.

Bob Ellsworth
Wilfrid Laurier University