[unisog] Windows 2K and XP security settings?

Gary Flynn flynngn at jmu.edu
Fri Jun 14 14:40:48 GMT 2002

Two other ideas in the local security policies:

1) Enable account lockout on bad login attempts

2) Remove the "Access this computer from the network"
   privilege from the Administrator account. I believe
   this will prevent access to the C$ shares but between
   trying to migrate to new computers and my seemingly
   irreversible security measures on my existing computers
   I haven't been able to test it yet. :)

Gary Flynn
Security Engineer - Technical Services
James Madison University