[unisog] spam-filter for Exchange/Outlook, centrally managed, user selectable

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Jun 5 20:26:29 GMT 2002

The problem with server-side Exchange rules is that you're
limited to 32k.  I know because I bumped up against it.  It
appears to be a hard limit that cannot be changed.  Since I
filter a *lot* of mail into various folders, this really
hinders my ability to add spam filters that work.

--On Wednesday, June 05, 2002 10:30 AM -0400 "Arnold,
Jamie" <harnold at binghamton.edu> wrote:

>The best
> solution is to tell users to create a server side rule
> set (if you have Exhange) and add the bad guys to the
> delete rule.  Even that works poorly, but it puts them in
> control and takes the oness off you.  You won't get them
> to understand that you can't stop it, so try to put them
> in charge.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Supervisor of Support Services
The University of Texas at Dallas