[unisog] attachment support

H. Morrow Long morrow.long at yale.edu
Tue Jun 11 23:27:22 GMT 2002

We've done it here (we rename all of the attachment types on Microsoft's
list of attachments considered 'dangerous' to end in '.xex' and we also
modify MIME types in some cases as well) with our own 'milter' filter.

One nice side effect of this was that we became stricter on the MIME std
and rejected blatantly illegal MIME formats, this led us to reject all
Klez messages...

Everyone (running Windows at least) is supposed to be running AntiVirus
s/w on the PC and keeping it updated as well.

We are not currently using antispam measures (other than per user filtering)
but the Medical School is experimenting with SpamAssassin.

H. Morrow Long
Director
Information Security Office
ITS, Yale University