[unisog] attachment support

Patrick Aland paland at stetson.edu
Wed Jun 12 00:55:52 GMT 2002

Jim,
  We aren't running postfix (sendmail here) but we currently use a
procmail script created by John Hardin at
http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html it can be
configured to rename attachements based on filename or extension, strip
out webbugs, and perform basic macro virus scanning. We have been very
happy with it.

For spam I am currently testing spamassasin, again I don't know if it
will work with postfix but in my limited test it has tagged about 95% of
spam and only a few false positives (mostly mailing lists that I am
honestly subscribed to but include lots of ads in their mailings).

--Patrick

 Patrick Aland                          paland at stetson.edu
 Network Administrator                  Voice: 386.822.7217
 Stetson University                     Fax: 386.822.7367