[unisog] Tape backup solutions

Rick Hayter rhayter at udallas.edu
Mon Jun 17 15:50:42 GMT 2002

 > I think hard drives are cheap enough so you could just use
> NAS to mirror
> your stuff.  HDs are beginning to get competitive with tapes:

Yikes! I don't know about William, but I need snapshots of a lot of systems
and databases on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc basis. I have hundreds of
tapes in off-site storage. The cost of media is a deciding factor for me,
which is why I've used DDS as much as possible ($4/tape!). Tapes (and
DVD's?) are really my only option.

--
Rick Hayter, Dir. Admin. Computing, University of Dallas
1845 E. Northgate, Irving, TX 75062, 972-721-5363