[unisog] FWD: [CIO] Secret Service probe of computers [ keystroke loggers installed on PCs in public areas at US Universities ]

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Jun 21 12:06:13 GMT 2002

It's real.  I have first hand knowledge of a Texas
university that has been contacted by the SS about this
issue ( not us.)

--On Wednesday, June 19, 2002 3:38 PM -0600 "William D.
Colburn (aka Schlake)" <wcolburn at nmt.edu> wrote:

> Hmmmm.  Technically, what you have sent is "junk mail",
> since you aren't the authoritative source for this
> information.  Is there a way we can reference this with
> the secret service to tell if it is real?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Supervisor of Support Services
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member