Coordinated HTTP scan (NOT CodeRed or Nimda)?

Kinsey, Robert Robert.Kinsey at Veridian.com
Tue Mar 5 22:49:17 GMT 2002

Glen, What does the scan look like (if you've reconstructed anything).
These are all just single packet SYN with small byte length?

All, I have not found anything out regarding my friend's comments about
something called "bang.c" as a tool or anything else for that matter.  That
was probably a red herring.

Has anyone else heard of a scan looking for a TCP SYN ACK response using a
single SYN on port 80 as a way to validate an IP:port as listening?

Thanks,

Robert