DNS delegation

Russ Harvey russ at cornucopia.ucr.edu
Thu Mar 7 04:39:22 GMT 2002

UCR is a smaller UC with a central IT department (us) that provides several
services to the campus, including DNS. We occasionally get requests from
other campus organizations that want to run their own DNS. We have developed
a draft policy to guide us in deciding whether or not to grant such requests
(with the usual stuff about contacts, respsonsiveness, etc.), but wondered
how other campuses have dealt with this issue, and specifically what policies
they have developed. I suspect the issue is related to campus size, with larger,
decentralized campuses being less concerned about this issue.

Apologies if this has been covered, I scanned the archives but found nothing
directly applicable.

Thanks,
--russ

Russ Harvey                             Internet: russ-harvey at ucr.edu
Dept. of Computing and Communications       uucp: galaxy!russ
Univ. of Calif., Riverside, CA 92521-0142  phone: (909) 787-5617