[unisog] CHE 3/15: The Growing Vulnerability of Campus Networks

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Mar 11 17:55:41 GMT 2002

I found it discouraging.  They make it sound like we are
populated by technical dummies who have no hope of
understanding security.  I think there's no question that
we have a problem we need to deal with, but that's a long
way from saying we're incompetent or don't care.

We've had this argument before here, and I still maintain
that colleges and universities are not nearly as big a
problem as "home" networks (large DSL pools of completed
unprotected machines.)

--On Monday, March 11, 2002 10:55 AM -0500 "H. Morrow Long"
<morrow.long at yale.edu> wrote:

> http://chronicle.com/free/v48/i27/27a03501.htm

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Supervisor of Support Services