Questions about software installation policies...

Ronnie Morgan rmorgan at rc.edu
Wed Mar 13 21:19:44 GMT 2002

Hi!

I'm kind of curious about what policy you have in regards to software
installations at the desktop.  Do you allow the end user to install software
on their desk top system?  If so, is any software installations allowed?
And if not, what procedures do your users follow for getting software
installed?  And how well received is that?

Here at my campus, we are more than willing to install just about anything
they need, but, they want the "freedom" to install software themselves.  IT
is to "controlling", as they say.  So, I'm doing some research to see just
how controlling we are.  Any information you can provide will be greatly
appreciated.

Ronnie