[unisog] Mail Gateway Anti-Virus Products

CTS Karen Sturgeon sturgeon at duq.edu
Thu Mar 28 01:51:40 GMT 2002

Gary,

We use Norton's Mail Gateway product - we have 2 NT Norton servers sharing
the load and they handle about 50,000 messages daily in total.  We
couldn't be more pleased and the response from the campus has been
outstanding!  People are pleased that we are catching viruses before they
even know about them! (Norton keeps up with dat files in a timely fashion)

We also use Norton's Corporate edition in managed mode to our desktops
(even students) and it works well by pushing the dat files out to our
servers and desktops across campus.

Both products provide great statistics.

We have had no problems with either product.

If you have any questions - contact us.

Karen

Karen Sturgeon                           Voice: (412) 396-6056
Director, Systems and Security
Computing and Technology Services        E-mail: sturgeon at duq.edu
Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA 15282