[unisog] Remote Desktop Tech Support from Help Desks

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Mar 11 18:00:12 GMT 2002

We are using Desktop Streaming, which is an ASP model.  The
entire session is encrypted, and since it uses a browser
plugin, is cross platform (although we're still struggling
to get the MAC part of it working right.)
http://www.expertcity.com/

It is not inexpensive ($9000 annually for three seats), so
we will probably migrate to the XP solution when more of
the campus is using XP.  But it is a very nice tool.

--On Monday, March 11, 2002 11:58 AM -0500 Jeff Bollinger
<jeff01 at email.unc.edu> wrote:

> Is anyone using a Remote Desktop tool at their help
> desks?  I know that Win XP has this functionality built
> in. Just curious if anyone is using this, and how they
> have secured it, developed policy, etc.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Supervisor of Support Services
The University of Texas at Dallas