[unisog] Remote Desktop Tech Support from Help Desks

Martin Radford Martin.Radford at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Mar 12 21:36:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Daniel G. Epstein wrote:

> It sounds cool to me, do you tunnel through SSH or some other
> encryption? On a related tangent, have any of you found a usable RDP
> client for UNIX which would be able to talk to the W2K version of
> Terminal Services?

rdesktop.  http://www.rdesktop.org/

I'm using rdesktop-1.0.0 with unified patch 19-5-8.  It works fine for
me, so I've not seen a need to upgrade to a higher patchlevel.

It works against Win2k SP2 with the latest security patches; however,
since Microsoft don't publish the spec of RDP, there's nothing to stop
them doing something in the future that would break rdesktop.

Martin
--
Martin Radford  (Martin.Radford at bristol.ac.uk)
Personal Computer Systems Team