[unisog] Questions about software installation policies...

Greg Francis francis at gonzaga.edu
Wed Mar 13 21:48:30 GMT 2002

Most employees at Gonzaga can install software on their own computer and
they are a member of the Local Administrators group on the workstation. Some
desktop support staff are advocating changing that so that employees must
request that desktop support do any software installation. That probably
won't happen for us for a long time, if at all.

If you install just about anything, what is your reasoning for not allowing
them to do it themselves? Are there certain banned applications that you
don't want them to install?

Greg

--
Greg Francis