[unisog] BugBear Worm

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Oct 4 02:59:25 GMT 2002

	I just got a complaint from offsite about a bugbear infected email
which looks to have a forged From: address at SFU (but no SFU machines showing
in headers). I hope this isn't another Klez like thing that forges From:
lines (luckily I remember seeing a mail virus scanner update notice this morning
on our changes list which hopefully catches this outbound).
	The machines I have seen scanning on 137 don't appear to be sending
email, so perhaps I've been whacking some other varient too (I however am an
equal opertunity whacker, you scan I whack :-)).