New Peer to Peer program?

E. Larry Lidz ellidz at eridu.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 8 16:22:56 GMT 2002

We've started to see considerable traffic on udp ports 7674 and 22321.
Taking a quick look, the machine which are doing this traffic are also
listening on tcp 7675, 7677 and 22321. A quick look at our Argus logs
show that connections to tcp 7675 usually start with "GETMP3
<filename>".

Is this a new peer to peer program, or part of an older one that I'm
unfamiliar with? Google isn't shedding any light on the situation.

-Larry

---
E. Larry Lidz                                        Phone: +1 773 702-2208
Sr. Network Security Officer                         Fax:   +1 773 834-8444
Network Security Center, The University of Chicago
PGP: http://security.uchicago.edu/centerinfo/pgpkeys.shtml