Windows logger.exe?

Joshua Wright Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
Tue Oct 8 20:21:31 GMT 2002

I would like to have some of our Windows systems start generating messages to be directed to my syslog server from their login scripts, but cannot seem to find the equivalent of the Unix "logger" tool for Windows.

Does anyone have a command line "logger.exe" tool that can be used to send syslog messages from the command line?  Preferrably, with the command line options for target syslog server, facility and level.

Many thanks.

-Joshua Wright
Team Leader, Networks and Systems
Johnson & Wales University
Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/

pgpkey: http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/pgpkey.htm
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73