[unisog] I may have spoken too soon (Windows message)

Clarke Morledge chmorl at wm.edu
Thu Oct 10 19:50:00 GMT 2002

We've been getting both of these "diploma" and "poetry" messages, and like
Martin, we block ports 137-139 at the firewall.

Two questions:

(1) Does anybody know how we are getting hit by this?

(2) Does anybody have any IDS signatures to detect it?

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary
Jones Hall (Room 18)
Williamsburg VA 23187