stopping p2p

John Stauffacher stauffacher at chapman.edu
Tue Oct 29 00:46:07 GMT 2002

All,

In the recent weeks I have found that the newer versions of the most
popular p2p file sharing apps have begun port hopping (moving from 1214
to 80 etc). I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a listing of the
"router" machines...i.e. router.limewire.com, for each service. I am
considering blackholing them over going through and blocking all these
ports manually. I know the question everyone is begging to ask is "why
not just block everything and open up only what you need". There are
political measures that keep me from doing that. Anyways, any help would
be appreciated.
++
John Stauffacher
Network Administrator