[unisog] Slashdot's UCSB Article

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Oct 1 19:37:48 GMT 2002

On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:43:24 MDT, Jim Dillon said:

> Given that XP and SP3 licensing require that you allow MS to own your box,
> people may not be quite as opposed to the idea as they used to.  :)  I'm not
> sure most don't do the same when they install AOL or some other major ISP
> front end.  Disturbing trend though eh?

Note that the Microsoft EULA *IS* giving managers at a lot of shops some
truly major indigestion, but that's a different conversation., ;)

It's *quite* true that installing *any* software, including AOL, presents
the possibility of being trojaned.  On the other hand, joining a domain
is *BY DEFINITION* handing over administrative control, and quite likely
to give users pause....
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer