[unisog] New Peer to Peer program?

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Oct 8 22:08:22 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 09:55, Kaiser, Russell wrote:
> This software is a Korean file sharing program called Soribada.
> It is found at http://www.soribada.com.  We have been seing
> it on our network lately.  I had a friend who knows Korean
> run the program (while I was running tcpdump) to confirm this.
> This service was shutdown in July and apparently reopened
> sometime in August.  Here is an article about the reopening:

Kaiser is correct - it is Soribada not BearShare.  I got confused with
another incident from MSIS students which happened about the same time.

Apologies for the misinformation, I've just got back from two weeks
leave and my brains appear to think they are still on vacation :(

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin