[unisog] Posting of Bandwidth Hogs

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Sat Oct 12 01:39:12 GMT 2002

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 05:09:59PM -0500, Mary M. Chaddock wrote:
> We are considering the use of peer presure to help regulate the bandwidth
> usage.
>
> Are any universitiies posting "Top Bandwidth Hog" lists?

We talked about doing this in our residences a couple years ago.
It didn'T fly.  The students did not like it.  Even those who
were very low consumers of bandwidth did not like it.

--
Pete Hickey               |                         |"It runs like x, where
Communication Services    | Pete at mudhead.uottawa.CA | x is something unsavory"