[unisog] Posting of Bandwidth Hogs

Arnold, Jamie harnold at binghamton.edu
Sat Oct 12 20:54:44 GMT 2002

I think you're opening up a can of worms with that one.  While your
intentions are good, I doubt that the students will do more than harrass the
offender or worse yet, target tham as having a potentially compromised
machine.  Many of our high BW users are unaware that their machine is
compromised.  We use a high BW list internally to identify offenders as well
as our Packetshaper to find top talkers and listeners.  The information can
lead to a letter, phone call or the port being shut down.