[unisog] RE:Windows Messanger Spam

hermit921 hermit921 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 16:47:55 GMT 2002

I had the opportunity of talking to a user at the times when a few such ads
popped up on his computer screen.  I was watching the traffic from the
internet to his computer, and there was none at all.  I conclude there was
an inside source, either a Trojan or a method of bouncing the messages from
another system.  We also block ports 135, 137-139, and 445, so it had to
come in some other way.

Neil Ratzlaff