[unisog] [spam] student vacations (fwd)

Christopher A Bongaarts cab at tc.umn.edu
Wed Oct 30 19:52:56 GMT 2002

As Kathy Bergsma once put it so eloquently:

> Is anyone else getting spam from www.springbreakout.com?  The service provider
> is in China and spam has been coming from all over the world.

I got one (late last week maybe?), don't remember whether it was to
one of my .edu addresses or one of my other addresses.  Caught my eye
because of the subject - spam that seems to be "on target" makes me
wonder if a directory slurper is the culprit.  I deleted it, which
makes me think that it came to one of my non-edu addresses.

%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts  %%  cab at tc.umn.edu       %%
%%  Internet Services         %%  http://umn.edu/~cab  %%
%%  University of Minnesota   %%  +1 (612) 625-1809    %%