[unisog] Re: OpenSSL worm in the wild

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Sep 16 18:58:46 GMT 2002

> We've had one so far:
>
> 206.211.137.29
>
> Thanks goes to f-secure for their timely warning that the box was hit...

	I guess that depends on your definition of timely :-) I just received
(and answered) a notification from them of my machine compromised on Friday
(and removed from the network Friday :-) ). To be fair I imagine they just got
the service up and are notifying the backlog many of which, unlike us, won't
have caught the infections yet.