[unisog] Windows 2000 break-ins

Christopher Cramer chris.cramer at duke.edu
Mon Sep 9 12:43:59 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 09:36, Larry Sheldon wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 10:03:57AM -0400, Arnold, Jamie wrote:
> > > Duke has a decent description of the IRC XDCC thingie..
> > >
> > > http://security.duke.edu/cleaning/xdcc.html
> >
> > hmm..
> >
> > The combination of these two tags on that page, setting <body
> > bgcolor >, and <font color= >   both to the same value, makes
> > for very difficult viewing, at least with Opera 6 under Linux...

hmm, seems to be an odd feature of our original template.  easy enough
to fix here, now we just have to go through everything else and clean it
up.  :(

> A security feature.
>
> Even better security--it appears to have been /.'d.

that's strange.  this is basically a virtual host on the main
www.duke.edu servers - which if i remember correctly are 3 different
boxes.  could be temporary network issues or one of the boxes in the dns
rotation got screwed up.  let us know if it still isn't working.

-c

--
Christopher E. Cramer, Ph.D.
University Information Technology Security Officer