[unisog] The danger of Klez warnings

Paul Russell prussell at nd.edu
Wed Sep 11 22:25:18 GMT 2002

Shortly after the initial outbreak of the Klez virus, when our Help Desk
was inundated with calls from users whose addresses had been forged on
Klez carrier messages, we reconfigured our email virus scanner to send
all virus detection notices to a single address where the messages are
archived and can be reviewed by the Help Desk staff. Klez and other
mass-mailing viruses which forge the return addresses on the messages
they send have made virus detection notices virtually useless.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator