[unisog] The danger of Klez warnings

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Sep 13 02:58:25 GMT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:41:00 CDT, Larry Sheldon said:
> Tell me more about the "cheap-labor".  The acreage they occupy takes
> them out of the "cheap" class, and the ones that are worth having can
> get thier own price anywhere in town.

I guarantee that even once you compute the encumbered cost (after office
space, overhead, and all that), a work-study help desk staffer costs a *lot*
less per hour than I do.  So it's worth handing those tasks off to them
(since it's basically clerical work and they've got a script to follow),
and let me deal with those issues that I'm paid the big bucks(*) to handle..

/Valdis

(*) or what passes for big bucks in academia, anyhow...